THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF TAMRA JAL: DRINKING FROM COPPER VESSELS
Copper is highly-recognized in Ayurveda to bring amazing holistic benefits and is widely incorporated in ancient Indian traditions, recommended by Yoga and Ayurveda experts as part of Dinacharya (daily routine).
Historically, Copper was the first element known to man. The chalcolithic era or copper age saw man progress from using stones as weapons to replacing them with copper. Ancient societies like Ancient Egypt, Rome, Greece, Somalia, Incas, Aztecs, and Indians used copper in various forms.
Ayurvedic texts mention the use of copper vessels for drinking water. Copper is the only metal with anti-bacterial properties, which were proved to be true even during the 1800s when copper mine workers were immune to Cholera.
Over the centuries copper has been used in various forms to treat various illnesses including cuts, headaches, even varicose veins. The rise of Ayurvedic usage and indigenous medicines has seen a rise in the use of copper products in household items, especially copper vessels and cups.
We present to you the only metal that has journeyed all through history, without losing its credibility and its amazing health benefits when incorporated into our lifestyle: drinking water from Copper bottles and cups.
Most of us in India traditionally store our water in a copper vessel (which is known as “Tamra Jal” in Ayurvedic medicine). This is practiced to balance the three doshas in our body (Kapha, Vata, and Pitta) by gently infusing the water with the positive health properties of copper. Studies show that copper also turns water into natural alkaline water, which helps balance your body’s pH levels.
TAMRA JAL'S HEALTH BENEFITS:
- Fights off Cancer: Copper is a known antioxidant also rich in melanin, which means it fights off all the free radicals and negates their negative effects.
- Balances Hypertension: According to the American Cancer Society, Copper is known to reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Aids the Functioning of Thyroid Gland: According to the experts, the most common feature between patients of the thyroid is copper. The right amount of Copper in our body balances the inconsistencies of the thyroid gland, that is it energizes the thyroid gland to function well, but it also fights off the damaging effects of too much secretion from the thyroid gland.
- Prevents Anemia: Copper assists in the breakdown of food to make hemoglobin, it helps the body in absorbing iron, the deficiency of which causes anemia. Copper deficiency in the human body can lead to rare hematological disorders.
- Cures Arthritis and Inflamed Joints: Copper has anti-inflammatory properties which provide great relief to patients suffering from arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Additionally, copper has bone-strengthening properties, which makes it a perfect cure for arthritis.
- Negates Infection: Copper a natural antibiotic, water stored in copper bottles for more than 8 hours is free of all such microbial. Copper is effective against E.Coli, S. aureus, and Cholera Bacillus among other common waterborne disease-causing agents.
- Assists in Digestion: Ancient Roman texts talk about prescribing copper-based medicine to kill off germs in the stomach. Ayurveda claims that drinking “Tamra Jal” detoxifies and cleanses the stomach.
- Helps Cardiovascular System: Copper helps clean plaque as well as dilate the blood vessels to increase the blood flow to the heart. Studies have proved that Copper deficiency can result in the dysfunction of the heart muscles.
- Controls Aging: Copper is not only an antioxidant, it also assists cell regeneration, negating the harmful effects of free agents on the skin.
- Increases Brain Efficiency: The human brain interacts with the rest of the body through electrical impulses.
- Weight Loss: Copper plays an instrumental role in dissolving the excess fat deposits in the human body and helps reduce weight.
- Aids in Healing Wounds Faster: Copper exhibits anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. In addition, copper also assists skin regeneration.
Copper Utensils stain and darken over a period of time. This happens naturally, due to the oxidation process. At Kansa Organics, we do not coat our Copper drinking essentials with any toxic lacquer coatings that are quite commonly used to give them a shiny clean appearance all the time.
- It is recommended to use Copper Water Bottle only for plain water and no citrus drinks or juices to be added.
- Please consult your medical practitioner if you suffer from a disease (particularly Wilson’s disease, and/or are on regular medicines.
Despite all the benefits of copper, one must remember that copper is only required in trace amounts in the human body. One must also remember that too much of a good thing could also become harmful, especially, if we are talking about the delicate balance of human chemistry. Water makes 75% of our anatomy, however, one cannot keep on drinking water stored in a copper vessel, all day and every day.
Kansa Organics does not take any responsibility for an untoward event in the use of these Copper vessels. We have ensured to deliver you a high-quality product, free from any toxic chemicals or coatings. Please contact your health professional if you experience any symptoms or have a concurrent medical condition.