Prana is the force behind life itself. It is everywhere. It is that which gives life. In Yoga philosophy, the term refers collectively to all cosmic energies, permeating the Universe on all levels.
It is the sum total of all energy that is manifest. When prana departs from the physical body, there is no life. It is abundant and all-pervading. It is energy and where there is energy, there is life.
How to increase Prana
Prana, an essential element of the universe comes to us through the five elements of nature: Earth, Water, Fire, Air, and Ether.
We can increase prana through earth and nature by:
- Connecting with nature once in a while (for example, camping or staycations at nature-centered ),
- Walking barefoot on the ground feeling the earth as if we’re part of her
- Activities that involve touching the earth (such as gardening, planting trees, anything that exposes and connect us to the earth
- Hugging trees - this might be a little silly for some, but this reverberates the song that connects us to nature
- Appreciating nature - looking at mountains and other natural features;
- Eating green and nature - including fresh fruits and vegetables in our diet
- Living a sustainable lifestyle - living in natural houses made of sustainable materials, as well as leading a sustainable fashion lifestyle designed to harness certain energies from and protect nature.
- And above all respecting nature.
Through the water element by doing:
- Consuming clean, pure water free of toxins
- Swimming in oceans and rivers also increases prana.
- Protecting the environment
- Soaking in hot and cold springs
Through the fire element by doing:
- Soaking the sun up
- Spending time outdoors
- Drinking warm water
- Eating warm food;
- Cook food in flame stoves if possible
- Staying warm during cold months
Through the air element by doing:
- Exercising Pranayama
- Inhaling fresh pure air
- Staying away from polluted environments
- Make sure your room is clean and well-ventilated
- Exercising cardio
Through the ether element by doing:
Ether is associated with the mind. We are all living in an ocean of thoughts. Thoughts are a manifestation of prana. The following can help increase Prana through its ether element which all help us connect to a higher vibration of thinking.
- Keeping positive thoughts and mindset
- Cheering up yourself with affirmations
- Chanting mantras
- Staying away from toxic environments which cause anxiety, stress, and depression
- Being in a positive atmosphere
- Keeping good company - people who are loving and supportive to you
Make better choices in life.
To become a healthy and mindful person, one needs to be aware of the prana level in his or her body and choose a lifestyle that is balanced and wholesome.
Ultimately, the only one that can cure you is yourself; no one else can make you change your life. Furthermore, there is a direct relationship between the mind and our health. It does work both ways, remember that, as you're trying to improve your life.
There are many easy ways to take care of your body, find inner peace and become healthy. There is no better time to begin than today. Enjoy living a healthy and balanced life!
Over centuries, the practice of Ayurvedic wellness has proven to result in a more rejuvenated body, mind and spirit, thus nurturing mindfulness and stronger immunity.
Heal with us at Kansa Organics!
Live a mindful life, live holistically.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This blog is written by Nadjerah Barua