Most individuals can get up earlier in the mornings because of the increased energy that comes with summertime. Natural and healthy rhythms may be found in this way. Getting up early in the morning is also a great time to get in a workout.
- Use a pitta-soothing oil such as Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, or Pitta Massage Oil to massage into the skin before you take a shower or bath to help relax the nervous system and reduce heat buildup.
- It's best to dress in light, breathable clothes made of cotton or silk and wear cool colors such as gray or white in order to counteract the heat and intensity.
- To protect yourself from the sun's rays when out in nature, wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses whenever possible.
- If the weather is very hot, you may discover that you lose energy in the afternoon and that a little sleep would be good.
- Before going to bed, wash and dry your feet and apply a little layer of Brahmi Oil to them for a grounding and cooling effect.
- Sleeping on your right side activates the lunar route in the left nostril, which is cooling and soothing, so you should aim for a bedtime of 10 or 11 p.m. to prevent an excessively active mind.
- To avoid aggravating pitta and depleting vitality, use moderation when it comes to sexual activity during the summer.
Pitta-dominant persons are naturally motivated and prone to overwork. Intense feelings of irritation, criticism, or "crisis" are all symptoms that Pitta is getting more aggravated. Don't forget to take some time out for yourself, or take up a more calming pastime. Pitta-dominant persons may benefit from the following lifestyle advice:
- Keep cool and stay away from hot places and meals.
- Don't put yourself under too much stress.
- Allow yourself some downtime.
- You should eat at least three meals a day - "Hangry" is most common among Pitta people, whose digestion is very powerful.
- Reduce or eliminate use of alcoholic beverages and caffeinated beverages.
- For a calmer state of mind, consider taking up a new interest such as meditation or classical music listening.
Taking our dosha quiz might help you establish your Ayurvedic body type if you are uncertain.
Over centuries, the practice of Ayurvedic wellness has proven to result in a more rejuvenated body, mind and spirit, thus nurturing mindfulness and stronger immunity.
Heal with us at Kansa Organics!
Live a mindful life, live holistically.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com